Newport Exhibition Group, owners and producers of the Newport International Boat Show, announced today that, even with site changes and construction, the 2019 Show ended on a positive note.
“Ticket sales were on par with last year, which was a banner year at NIBS,” said Nancy Piffard, show director, Newport Exhibition Group in a prepared statement. “With the unique situation of non-gated exhibitor display space along the wharves it is difficult to garner an exact body count and this year we used more than usual due to the construction of Hammetts Wharf Hotel. Friday and Saturday were by far our highest attendance.”
Exhibitors and sponsors such as, Marine Max, Sabre Yachts and Helly Hansen Newport, reported robust sales and are already discussing plans for 2020 – the 50th anniversary of the Show.
“Closing sales of prospects were great at the show this year for Sabre and Back Cove Yachts,” said Tucker Thompson, Customer Service, Sabre Yachts in a prepared statement. “A venue like NIBS helps get people excited for a new boat and it worked like a champ!”
“It was our best show ever and we are thrilled with the results,” Jay Lasky, Helly Hansen Newport in a prepared statement.
The four-day event held along the downtown waterfront in Newport, Rhode Island, opened on Thursday, September 12th and continued through Sunday, September 15th. This year’s event included over 400 boats in the water and 600 exhibitors from around the world displaying an exceptional assortment of boats of every type and style from 15 to 85 feet, and a wide variety of accessories, equipment, electronics, gear and services for boaters. Twenty percent of exhibitors came from outside the United States and represented 20 different countries. Over 41,000 visitors attended the show—coming from near and far—to make a positive economic impact on Newport County and the state in the millions of dollars.
The dates for next year’s Show will be September 17th through 20th, 2020. For more information on the Newport International Boat Show, please visit www.newportboatshow.com.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport String Project Season Opening Concert
- This day in Newport History: September 19, 1902 – Jimmy Van Alen born in Newport
- Concert Recap and Photos: Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals at the Greenwich Odeum (September 18, 2021)
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour