The Newport Historical Society is inviting the public to join them for a talk with author Christian McBurney on Thursday, November 7, 2019 at the Newport Historical Society, 82 Touro Street, Newport, RI, at 5:30pm.
Christian McBurney will speak for the first time about his newly-released book, Untold Stories from World War II Rhode Island. He will reveal long-forgotten stories, from Newport serving as the headquarters for the Atlantic Fleet from April 1941 to November 1944, to amazing secret innovations that were developed in the state for use by the armed forces overseas, and to recollections of Rhode Islanders when they were children or teenagers during the war years. The talk will last about 45 minutes, after which Christian will be available to sign books.
Untold Stories from World War II Rhode Island with Christian McBurney will be in Thursday, November 7, 2019 at 5:30pm at the Newport Historical Society, 82 Touro Street, Newport, RI. General admission costs $5 per person, $1 for Newport Historical Society members along with retired and active duty military.
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf