The Newport Historical Society is inviting the public to join them for a talk with author Christian McBurney on Thursday, November 7, 2019 at the Newport Historical Society, 82 Touro Street, Newport, RI, at 5:30pm.
Christian McBurney will speak for the first time about his newly-released book, Untold Stories from World War II Rhode Island. He will reveal long-forgotten stories, from Newport serving as the headquarters for the Atlantic Fleet from April 1941 to November 1944, to amazing secret innovations that were developed in the state for use by the armed forces overseas, and to recollections of Rhode Islanders when they were children or teenagers during the war years. The talk will last about 45 minutes, after which Christian will be available to sign books.
Untold Stories from World War II Rhode Island with Christian McBurney will be in Thursday, November 7, 2019 at 5:30pm at the Newport Historical Society, 82 Touro Street, Newport, RI. General admission costs $5 per person, $1 for Newport Historical Society members along with retired and active duty military.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Motels Rock the Odeum (September 16, 2021)
- 4th Annual Cardines Classic featuring Army versus Navy rescheduled to October 1