As the seasons change, anticipation is in the air at our member galleries, museums and cultural institutions as we approach October Newport Gallery Night on Thursday, October 10th from 4:00 pm until 8:00 pm.
This is the last chance this season to experience our popular FREE Guided Walking Art Tours. These informational tours showcasing new exhibits in and around Newport will run hourly as follows: meeting at 4:00 pm at Thames Glass, 5:00 pm at Spring Bull Gallery, 6:00 pm at Art on Spring and 7:00 pm at Arnold Art Gallery. Self-guided tours will continue into the winter season, but for October Gallery Night, local experts will serve as your guide to the Newport art scene so don’t miss out!
There are intriguing new shows at many of the 26 member galleries, museums and cultural institutions including: American Landscape, an exploration of the past and present American landscape at Atelier, a collection of interpretations of the theme “Reflection” showcased at Spring Bull Gallery, and Shaping Tales, a reimagining of classic tales via mixed media abstraction, figural painting, video media and glass sculpture at Coastal Contemporary Gallery. New exhibits are also popping up at DeBlois Gallery, Dorrance H. Hamilton Gallery, and Downtown Designs.
Feeling hungry after all these exhibitions? Any of the Newport Gallery Organization’s member galleries have special discount vouchers available by request for the 7 Newport restaurants that collaborate with Newport Gallery Organization! Free parking will be available for the night at the Gateway Visitors Center and uptown at the Newport Art Museum.
For more information about Newport Gallery Night, our Free Guided Walking Tours and the Newport Gallery Organization, visit http://www.newportgalleries.org.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits