The Newport Car Museum will host its Euro Car Day on Sunday, October 20 from 9:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. in conjunction with the annual New England Wrapup, a traditional end-of-season car event organized by the Ocean State Dubs.
German car owners as well as owners of any type of European car are invited to participate by bringing their cars to join the special event corral that will be set up in the Museum’s giant parking lot. The Newport Car Museum, which features a private collection of over 75 unique and valuable cars dating from the 1950s through to current models, is New England’s largest car museum. It is located in Portsmouth, R.I., just six miles north of Newport.
“We are excited to welcome the New England Wrapup, which typically attracts anywhere from 140 to 180 German cars,” said Newport Car Museum Founder Gunther Buerman in a prepared statement. “And because it’s being held at the Newport Car Museum in coordination with our Euro Car Day, there is no fee to join the event corral for anyone driving a European car.”
Participants in the event corral will receive discounted Museum admission of $15 (regular admission is $18 for adults). A food truck will be provided by the Mad House Grill. The Museum will be open 10-5 (regular admission for spectators).
More From What’s Up Newp
- Aquidneck Land Trust awards 13 grants to local community, neighborhood groups through Merritt Neighborhood Fund
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free