The Newport Car Museum will host its Euro Car Day on Sunday, October 20 from 9:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. in conjunction with the annual New England Wrapup, a traditional end-of-season car event organized by the Ocean State Dubs.
German car owners as well as owners of any type of European car are invited to participate by bringing their cars to join the special event corral that will be set up in the Museum’s giant parking lot. The Newport Car Museum, which features a private collection of over 75 unique and valuable cars dating from the 1950s through to current models, is New England’s largest car museum. It is located in Portsmouth, R.I., just six miles north of Newport.
“We are excited to welcome the New England Wrapup, which typically attracts anywhere from 140 to 180 German cars,” said Newport Car Museum Founder Gunther Buerman in a prepared statement. “And because it’s being held at the Newport Car Museum in coordination with our Euro Car Day, there is no fee to join the event corral for anyone driving a European car.”
Participants in the event corral will receive discounted Museum admission of $15 (regular admission is $18 for adults). A food truck will be provided by the Mad House Grill. The Museum will be open 10-5 (regular admission for spectators).
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Motels Rock the Odeum (September 16, 2021)
- 4th Annual Cardines Classic featuring Army versus Navy rescheduled to October 1