The Jamestown Arts Center (JAC) has announced that they will host their Autumn Arts Open House on Saturday, October 19th from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm.
This is a FREE family friendly event for all ages. Learn about the JAC’s Arts Education, Meet JAC Instructors and staff, tour their studios, watch demos and make something! FabNewport presentation at noon. Donuts from Hard-Pressed Cider Company.
Autumn Arts Open House – At A Glance
- WHAT: Autumn Arts Open House
- WHERE: Jamestown Arts Center, 18 Valley Street, Jamestown RI 02835
- WHEN: Saturday, October 19th 10:00am – 3:00pm
The Jamestown Arts Center is a multi-disciplinary visual and performing arts space that hosts art exhibits, theatre and dance performances, film screenings, JAC talks and concerts, and provides art and design educational programs for people of all ages. Housed in a former boat repair shop, the JAC was awarded Best Gallery in Newport County by the Best of Rhode Island 2017 & 2018 readers’ polls. Programming partners include: Heifetz International Music Institute, FirstWorks, RISCA, FabNewport, 10 Thousand Small Businesses, RISD, Manhattan Short Film Festival, SENE Film Festival, Providence Art and Design Film Festival, Island Moving Company, The Jamestown Schools, Social Enterprise Greenhouse, The Brown/Trinity Rep M.F.A. in Acting & Directing Program and many individual artists and local organizations. The Jamestown Arts Center has quickly become a leading arts and cultural hub, for Rhode Island and beyond, where creativity, ideas and innovation flourish.
The mission of the Jamestown Arts Center is to engage, enrich and inspire our community through extraordinary arts and educational experiences.
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf