The Jamestown Arts Center (JAC) has announced that they will host their Autumn Arts Open House on Saturday, October 19th from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm.
This is a FREE family friendly event for all ages. Learn about the JAC’s Arts Education, Meet JAC Instructors and staff, tour their studios, watch demos and make something! FabNewport presentation at noon. Donuts from Hard-Pressed Cider Company.
Autumn Arts Open House – At A Glance
- WHAT: Autumn Arts Open House
- WHERE: Jamestown Arts Center, 18 Valley Street, Jamestown RI 02835
- WHEN: Saturday, October 19th 10:00am – 3:00pm
The Jamestown Arts Center is a multi-disciplinary visual and performing arts space that hosts art exhibits, theatre and dance performances, film screenings, JAC talks and concerts, and provides art and design educational programs for people of all ages. Housed in a former boat repair shop, the JAC was awarded Best Gallery in Newport County by the Best of Rhode Island 2017 & 2018 readers’ polls. Programming partners include: Heifetz International Music Institute, FirstWorks, RISCA, FabNewport, 10 Thousand Small Businesses, RISD, Manhattan Short Film Festival, SENE Film Festival, Providence Art and Design Film Festival, Island Moving Company, The Jamestown Schools, Social Enterprise Greenhouse, The Brown/Trinity Rep M.F.A. in Acting & Directing Program and many individual artists and local organizations. The Jamestown Arts Center has quickly become a leading arts and cultural hub, for Rhode Island and beyond, where creativity, ideas and innovation flourish.
The mission of the Jamestown Arts Center is to engage, enrich and inspire our community through extraordinary arts and educational experiences.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits