The City of Newport has shared the following traffic advisory ahead of the 2019 Broadway Street Fair on Saturday, October 12th.
The fair is scheduled from 12 pm to 6 pm, with plenty of events scheduled afterward. More info – https://www.broadwaystreetfair.com/.
“With the annual Broadway Street Fair due to take place this weekend, the Newport RI Police Department is reminding residents and visitors that Broadway will be closed to all motor vehicle traffic between Gould Street and Farewell Street, as well as all of Washington Square, from 8 a.m. until approximately 7 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 12th.
Traffic will be rerouted onto Dr. Marcus Wheatland Boulevard between Gould and Marlborough Streets.
Traffic heading northbound on Spring Street will be rerouted onto Hozier Street, onto Courthouse Street, across Broadway onto Farewell Street. Traffic heading to the south end of town is encouraged to use Rhode Island Avenue to Kay Street, to Bellevue Avenue.
There will be “No Parking” on Broadway between Gould and Farewell and all of Washington Square beginning at 7 a.m. as well as the entire west side of Dr. Marcus Wheatland Boulevard and both sides of Equality Park West. There will also be “No Parking” on Rhode Island Avenue from Broadway to Kay Street and on Kay Street from Rhode Island Avenue to Bellevue to facilitate the flow of traffic.
Newport Police Officers will be posted to assist with the flow of traffic”.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Rhode Island Hospitality Jobs: RI Hospitality Association launches new website for employers and job seekers
- Governor McKee, RIDOH change up COVID-19 press conference schedule, will now take place every other Thursday
- CCRI hosts 5th Annual Raising Opportunities Benefit to support students’ ‘comeback’ amidst pandemic
- Town of Middletown: Preserving Paradise
- What’s Up this week in Newport County: May 17 – 23