The next Centennial Speaker Series at Seamen’s Church Institute of Newport will feature Michelle Carnevale, grant program director for 11th Hour Racing, on Wednesday, October 9th at 6 pm.
Carnevale leads the organization’s ocean health grant-making and will be speaking about the grant program and the organization’s work to support innovative and local solutions to improve ocean health.
Prior to joining 11th Hour Racing, Michelle spent six years at the University of Rhode Island Coastal Resources Center working on the state climate change adaptation plan and developing state policy and best practices for offshore wind energy development. She also taught marine science for a number of ocean-focused and sailing organizations. She holds a B.S. in Marine Ecology from Cornell University, an MBA, and an M.A. in Marine Affairs/Coastal Management from the University of Rhode Island.
This event is free and open to the public with a suggested donation of $10. Reception at 5:30 pm and the presentation will begin at 6 pm. There are limited seats so registration is encouraged: Register here: https://seamensnewport.org/upcoming-events/.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Motels Rock the Odeum (September 16, 2021)
- 4th Annual Cardines Classic featuring Army versus Navy rescheduled to October 1
- Davis Cup will take place at the International Tennis Hall of Fame this weekend
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: Things to do, live music, and more (Sept. 17 – 19)
- Rhode Island Pop-Punk band Another One Down! releases single + video “Headspace”
- 23 open houses happening this weekend (Sept. 17 – 19)
- X Shore: Swedish electric boating brand opens office at Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager