Western New England didn’t flinch from the challenge, finally repelling Salve Regina U. 38-31 in a Massachusetts college football matchup.
There was no room for doubt as the Golden Bears added to their advantage with a 14-10 margin in the closing period.
The Golden Bears’ edge showed as they carried a 24-21 lead into the fourth quarter.
Western New England kept a 17-14 halftime margin at Salve Regina U.’s expense.
The Golden Bears drew first blood by forging a 7-0 margin over the Seahawks after the first quarter.
This sports coverage is possible through the generous support of our members. To become a member for as little as $5 per month, follow this link.
You’re reading a news brief powered by WhatsUpNewp and ScoreStream, the world leader in fan-driven sports results and conversation. To see more game results from your favorite team, download the ScoreStream app and join nearly a million users nationwide who share the scores of their favorite teams with one another in real-time.
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf