Albany didn’t flinch from the challenge, finally repelling Rhode Island 35-28 on October 19 in New York football action.
The Great Danes avoided the brakes and shifted into victory gear via a 14-7 stretch over the final quarter.
Nothing was decided in the third quarter, with the Great Danes and the Rams locked in a 21-21 stalemate.
Rhode Island proved it would be a force to be reckoned with by building a 14-6 advantage over Albany at the half.
The Rams authored a promising start, taking advantage of the Great Danes 7-0 at the end of the first quarter.
This sports coverage is possible through the generous support of our members. To become a member for as little as $5 per month, follow this link.
You’re reading a news brief powered by WhatsUpNewp and ScoreStream, the world leader in fan-driven sports results and conversation. To see more game results from your favorite team, download the ScoreStream app and join nearly a million users nationwide who share the scores of their favorite teams with one another in real-time.
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf