Chariho didn’t flinch from the challenge, finally repelling Westerly 2-1 on October 16 in Rhode Island girls high school soccer.
The clock was the only thing that stopped Chariho, which enjoyed the upper hand in a 1-0 final half, too.
Tough to find an edge early, the Chargers and the Bulldogs fashioned a 1-1 stalemate through the first half.
This sports coverage is possible through the generous support of our members. To become a member for as little as $5 per month, follow this link.
You’re reading a news brief powered by WhatsUpNewp and ScoreStream, the world leader in fan-driven sports results and conversation. To see more game results from your favorite team, download the ScoreStream app and join nearly a million users nationwide who share the scores of their favorite teams with one another in real-time.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits