Chariho didn’t flinch from the challenge, finally repelling Westerly 2-1 on October 16 in Rhode Island girls high school soccer.
The clock was the only thing that stopped Chariho, which enjoyed the upper hand in a 1-0 final half, too.
Tough to find an edge early, the Chargers and the Bulldogs fashioned a 1-1 stalemate through the first half.
This sports coverage is possible through the generous support of our members. To become a member for as little as $5 per month, follow this link.
You’re reading a news brief powered by WhatsUpNewp and ScoreStream, the world leader in fan-driven sports results and conversation. To see more game results from your favorite team, download the ScoreStream app and join nearly a million users nationwide who share the scores of their favorite teams with one another in real-time.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Aquidneck Land Trust awards 13 grants to local community, neighborhood groups through Merritt Neighborhood Fund
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free