A vice-like defensive effort helped Westerly squeeze Mt. Hope 35-0 in a shutout effort in a Rhode Island high school football matchup.
The Bulldogs opened with a 21-0 advantage over the Huskies through the first quarter.
Westerly’s offense took charge to a 28-0 lead over Mt. Hope at the intermission.
Both teams were scoreless in the fourth quarter.
This sports coverage is possible through the generous support of our members. To become a member for as little as $5 per month, follow this link.
You’re reading a news brief powered by WhatsUpNewp and ScoreStream, the world leader in fan-driven sports results and conversation. To see more game results from your favorite team, download the ScoreStream app and join nearly a million users nationwide who share the scores of their favorite teams with one another in real-time.
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf