This content is brought to you by What’sUpNewp and Blackstone Caterers.
Majority of guests will be bringing a gift to your wedding, whether you like it or not, so why not make it something that fits your theme?! For extra security on those precious gifts, you can include a small lock and key.
Blackstone Caterers always suggest to designate someone from the wedding party or family to either relocate or pack these items away at the end of the night, so nothing gets damaged or lost!
Below are some suggestions depending on your wedding theme that will add a place for guests to leave their gifts securely:
- Customized Wooden Box
- It can have your names, initials, wedding date or even a phrase you both love that you can have as a keepsake forever!
- Vintage Suitcase
- This can be something to incorporate a family heirloom in your wedding and is great for a travel or destination themed wedding!
- Is your theme romantic? This can be your “love letters” vessel you can also use as your first home’s real mailbox!
- Lobster Trap
- Decorating a lobster trap with floral can bring a soft touch to a nautical wedding and adds a cute detail to the day!
- A lantern can be universal, from a glamourous wedding to a rustic wedding, finding the right one will be the key to your theme!
What’sUpNewp recently partnered with Blackstone Caterers to bring you inspiration, information, and insight into the wedding industry in and around Newport. Whether you’re planning a wedding now or are dreaming of the big day when the planning begins, we’ll be bringing you tips, tricks, and more on ways to make the biggest day of your life the very best.
Blackstone Caterers, Southern New England’s premier catering company, is consistently named one of the best caterers in Rhode Island, is locally owned, and is based in Middletown.
See all of our wedding tips and tricks here.
You’ll see my name tied to a lot of these stories as well, as I’m currently planning a June 2020 wedding in Newport! Have a wedding question or tip for Blackstone Caterers, What’sUpNewp, or me? Awesome! Email it to Ryan@whatsupnewp.com.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Pop-Punk band Another One Down! releases single + video “Headspace”
- 23 open houses happening this weekend (Sept. 17 – 19)
- X Shore: Swedish electric boating brand opens office at Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager
- City of Newport to kick off American Rescue Plan fund engagement process
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune