Noted Newport based nautical photographer and sailor Onne van der Wal was the feature of a recent Rhode Island PBS special, Second Wind: The Snoek Refit with Onne van der Wal, earlier this week.
The Rhode Island PBS Original documentary is described as “The documentary profiles Onne van der Wal personal journey from sailor to photographer, and highlights his solo refit of his Pearson 36, Snoek, named for the fish he caught as a child. The film demonstrates Onne’s ingenuity, instinct, and tenacity, masterfully applying his training and natural skill to finish the winter project in time to enjoy the Rhode Island sailing season with his family”.
This film was produced by Eric Thorkilsen from This Old House Ventures and directed by Thom Draudt. The presenting station is Rhode Island PBS.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Those Who Wish Me Dead”
- Renowned RI stone carver Nick Benson to create unique art installation at Farm Fresh RI
- Rhode Island Marine Archaeology Project to resume training classes
- How America’s partisan divide over pandemic responses played out in the states
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author