The Rhode Island Marine Trades Association (RIMTA) announced today its 8th Annual Industry Partnership Breakfast. The event will take place under the Bohlin Tent at the Newport International Boat Show on Saturday, September 14th from 8:00 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
The breakfast celebrates industry accomplishments, and honors RIMTA’s 2019 Anchor Award Honoree: Cynthia Goss. An accomplished author and industry advocate, Goss was RIMTA’s publicist for the past 10 or so years. She has always been a compelling storyteller and is passionate about boating and the marine industry as a whole. There will be time to network before and after the speaking program. Speaker highlights include a Nicole Vasilaros, Senior VP of Government Relations at NMMA and a speaker panel on “Cultivating the Customer Experience” moderated by Neal Harrell of Brooks Marine Group. Pre-purchased tickets are $25 for RIMTA Members and their guests; $45 for industry colleagues. A reserved table of ten can be purchased for $300. All tickets include entry into the Boat Show directly after the event. The breakfast is presented by the Gowrie Group.
To register or for more information, please visit: https://tinyurl.com/y2roaqcw. For more information about RIMTA, please visit rimta.org.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport