Stephanie Marie Wright, 45, of Newport passed away peacefully surrounded by her family on Saturday, September 7, 2019 at Kent Hospital, Warwick.
Born in Corpus Christi,TX she was the daughter of Larry Simpson of Texas and the late Patricia Wright Palakiko.
Stephanie’s greatest pride as a mother, sister, and CNA was caring for others. Her children were her everything and they made her proud everyday. For those who knew Stephanie know she had the biggest smile and the best laugh. She loved being with her children, spending time with family, and going to the beach.
Stephanie leaves her children Shane Hurley and wife Rachel of Stoughton, MA, Sierra Wright, Logan and Ethan Southworth all of Newport. She also leaves behind her brother Brian Palakiko and wife Emma of Tiverton as well as her sister Brandy Long and brother Larry Simpson of Texas. Stephanie also leaves her cousin who she loved and adored Lanee DeBlois of Bristol.
Memorial services will be held Friday, September 13, 2019, at 3:00pm in the Portsmouth United Methodist Church, 2732 East Main Road, Portsmouth. Relatives and friends are invited to visit with the family in church from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
Donations may be made to:
More from Memorial Funeral Home – https://www.memorialfuneralhome.com/notices/Stephanie-Wright
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals