Kathleen Margaret Lawton, 74, of Newport, died Monday, September 23, 2019 at her home in Portsmouth, RI.
She was the wife of 48 years to the late John Philip Lawton.
Born in Newport, RI on January 2nd, 1945, she was the daughter of the late William and Teresa (Ambrogia) Burns. Kathleen grew up in Newport and graduated Rogers High School in 1963.
Kathleen is survived by her siblings: Bill Burns of Newport, Elizabeth Burns Barbarow of Bucksport, Maine, Terry Burns of Newport, and Brian Burns of Newport.
Besides her siblings Kathleen’s three children also survive her: John and his wife Helena of Durham, NC, Kevin and his wife Sari and daughter Abby of Fishers, IN, and Brian and his wife Siny of Bergenfield, NJ.
Calling hours will be held on Saturday, September 28, 2019 from 11-1 PM in the O’Neill-Hayes Funeral Home, 465 Spring St, Newport. Burial will be private.
In lieu of flowers the family asks that donations be made to the Potter League for Animals, PO Box 412, Newport, RI 02840.
See the original obituary here – https://oneillhayes.com/tribute/details/1331/Kathleen-Lawton/obituary.html#tribute-start
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport String Project Season Opening Concert
- This day in Newport History: September 19, 1902 – Jimmy Van Alen born in Newport
- Concert Recap and Photos: Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals at the Greenwich Odeum (September 18, 2021)
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour