Loving wife and mother, Barbara A. Lima, 70, of Fogland Road, Tiverton, Rhode Island, passed away peacefully with her family by her side on August 30, 2019, at Newport Hospital after a brief illness. Barbara was born in Fall River, MA to Thomas Dorsey and Rose (Wal) Dorsey. Barbara married Philip G. Lima on August 20, 1971, and they enjoyed 48 great years together.
Barbara is survived by her husband, Philip of Tiverton, and her son, Philip G. Lima, Jr., and his wife Lisa, of Middletown. Besides her parents, she was predeceased by her sister, Joann Dupres.
Those who knew Barbara will recall her love of the beach, music, cooking, and most of all, the love she had for her husband and son. We will remember her endless laughter from time spent with Buddy- a Potter League rescue that gave her great joy.
At the family’s request, services will be private. In lieu of flowers, contribution in Barbara’s memory may be made to the American Diabetes Association, 260 Cochituate Rd #200, Framingham, MA 01701.
Full obituary here – https://www.memorialfuneralhome.com/notices/Barbara-Lima
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Get Lost! “Six Picks” Corn Mazes in Newport County and Beyond
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Concert Recap and Photos: Alice Cooper and Ace Frehley at Leader Bank Pavilion (September 21, 2021)
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates