Hit the fairgrounds with a volunteer t-shirt and a smile at the 45th Anniversary of Norman Bird Sanctuary’s Harvest Fair on October 5th & 6th.
You can help with kid’s games, crafts, hay rides, pony rides, sack races, the log saw, the Sanctuary Café, and more.
“Thousands of volunteers over multiple generations have made this special event the beloved tradition that it is today,” said Kaity Ryan, executive director in a statement, “It’s so heartwarming to see the community enjoying old-fashioned fun in support of Norman Bird Sanctuary.”
Volunteers receive community service hours, free admission to the fair, and a volunteer t-shirt.
The annual Harvest Fair attracts more than 10,000 people from all over Rhode Island to celebrate autumn and Norman Bird Sanctuary. Fairgoers enjoy live music, sample food trucks, play kid’s games, shop at the crafters tent, compete in the Home & Garden Competition, and much more.
The proceeds from the Harvest Fair directly support Norman Bird Sanctuary’s mission to preserve and steward 325 acres of wildlife habitat and provide environmental education opportunities to all.
The event will run 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 5th and Sunday, October 6th.
Learn more and register at NormanBirdSanctuary.org/harvest-fair/
More From What’s Up Newp
- Rhode Island Hospitality Jobs: RI Hospitality Association launches new website for employers and job seekers
- Governor McKee, RIDOH change up COVID-19 press conference schedule, will now take place every other Thursday
- CCRI hosts 5th Annual Raising Opportunities Benefit to support students’ ‘comeback’ amidst pandemic
- Town of Middletown: Preserving Paradise
- What’s Up this week in Newport County: May 17 – 23