The Jamestown Arts Center (JAC) has announced that it will be accepting applications for its 2020 exhibition, the Outdoor Arts Experience, September 1 through October 31, 2019.
The Jamestown Arts Center is seeking sculptures and installations for its inaugural Outdoor Arts Experience, 2020. The Outdoor Arts Experience (OAE) is planned as a celebration of the Jamestown Arts Center’s 10th Anniversary. In partnership with other venues, the OAE will place at least 10 works at varied and diverse sites around Jamestown. In keeping with JAC’s Anniversary, they are seeking celebratory works suitable for public display in community and family-friendly locations.
In addition to finished pieces, proposed work and site-specific installations will be considered. They encourage entries in the following categories: impact/larger scale, moderate/intimate scale, intentionally functional, and all other forms of public art including but not limited to installation, new media, temporal, participatory, environmental, and mural. Additionally, they seek proposals for a collaborative work to be created at the Melrose School through an Artist-in-Residence program. Please address any application inquiries to Molly Dickinson, project manager, email@example.com.
Artworks will be selected by a panel consisting of community members, artists, one curator of note in the field of public art, and one JAC staff representative. In the first round of jurying, all identifying information will be removed from applications.
The Outdoor Arts Experience (OAE) will provide a publicly accessible example of extraordinary arts brought to our community through outdoor installations and related arts experiences. In celebration of the JAC’s 10th anniversary, the project expresses the inclusive, embracing message that art is for everyone, the JAC is art for our community and, everyone is welcome to participate.
Request for Proposals, the Outdoor Arts Experience 2020 – At A Glance WHO: Open to any artist interested in exhibiting WHAT:Application portal open to receive proposals, 9/1 through 10/31/2019 WHERE: Exhibition at various locations throughout Jamestown WHEN: Jury notifications sent by January 15, 2020 for exhibit running July 10 through October 31, 2020 COST: Free to apply. MORE INFO
More from What’s Up Newp
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels
- Newport resident named new VP & Branch Sales Manager at BankNewport’s North Kingstown branch
- Ticket Giveaway: S.G. Goodman Saturday, Oct. 30th at the Newport Casino
- Nor’easter Update: National Grid responding to power outages
- Update: All restrictions lifted on Newport Pell and Jamestown Verrazzano Bridges
- Got storm photos? Send us your pics by 9PM Wednesday
- Obituary: Molly Falconer de Ramel
- Grey Sail Brewing celebrating 10 years
- LIVE BLOG | Rhode Island cancellations, closures, and delays