The Newport Restoration Foundation (NRF) and the City of Newport announced today that they will co-host Tackling Sea Level Rise through Digital Technology at Innovate Newport (513 Broadway) on Wednesday, September 18 at 6 p.m.
According to the announcement posted by the City, the lecture will be given by Morris (Marty) Hylton III. Hylton will share his one-of-a-kind 3D visualization of sea level rise in Nantucket, Massachusetts created as part of a public-private partnership known as Resilient Nantucket. He will discuss how this work has contributed to a larger town-wide initiative to address the impacts of climate change on the community’s historic resources. The presentation promises to be thought provoking and shed light on how small coastal communities can begin planning for climate change.
Tackling Sea Level Rise through Digital Technology is part of NRF’s Keeping History Above Water
Read more about the event from the City, here – https://www.cityofnewport.com/news/2019/september/city-joining-with-newport-restoration-foundation-t
More From What’s Up Newp
- Aquidneck Land Trust awards 13 grants to local community, neighborhood groups through Merritt Neighborhood Fund
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free