The Newport Restoration Foundation (NRF) and the City of Newport announced today that they will co-host Tackling Sea Level Rise through Digital Technology at Innovate Newport (513 Broadway) on Wednesday, September 18 at 6 p.m.
According to the announcement posted by the City, the lecture will be given by Morris (Marty) Hylton III. Hylton will share his one-of-a-kind 3D visualization of sea level rise in Nantucket, Massachusetts created as part of a public-private partnership known as Resilient Nantucket. He will discuss how this work has contributed to a larger town-wide initiative to address the impacts of climate change on the community’s historic resources. The presentation promises to be thought provoking and shed light on how small coastal communities can begin planning for climate change.
Tackling Sea Level Rise through Digital Technology is part of NRF’s Keeping History Above Water
Read more about the event from the City, here – https://www.cityofnewport.com/news/2019/september/city-joining-with-newport-restoration-foundation-t
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits