Whether you’re a fan of the New England Patriots, San Francisco 49ers, Notre Dame Fighting Irish or somewhere in between, the most important part of NFL and College Football season is the food, drinks, and atmosphere.
In no particular order, here are some of favorite places to catch the game in Newport…
1. Midtown Oyster Bar
Midtown Oyster Bar is serving up delicious food every game-day, the largest raw bar in the area, game day specials, and a couple big screen televisions at their first and second floor bars. Get there early on Sunday for their delicious Sunday Brunch!
2. Speakeasy Bar & Grill
Speakeasy Bar & Grill is a well-known bar favorite. Game day deals on appetizers and select menu items, as well as the occasional free buffet, make for a great addition to any game that’s on. The atmosphere is always live and fun no matter what team you are rooting for.
Often times on Thursday and Sunday nights, Speakeasy Bar & Grille will have acoustic music after the big game!
3. Caleb & Broad
The “new kid on the block”, as some would call it, has come prepared for the football Season. Caleb & Broad offers a 120″ projection screen, surround sound and pretty much enjoying anything off of their bar snack menu while watching some football action, is a match made in heaven!
4. Ticket’s Bar & Grille
What’s better than 17 HDTV’s, drinks, and food specials? We can’t think of much! Although just over the line in Middletown, this bar is a great spot to catch football games. They even have video games, pool tables, and a juke box!
5. O’brien’s Pub
Located in the fifth ward district of Newport RI, O’briens Pub is a local favorite among Newport residents and tourists alike. With food specials and entertainment at their inside bar on most nights, you’ll never leave hungry or bored after some great football action.
On Monday’s nights enjoy free pool and wing specials, on Sunday nights enjoy karaoke, Sunday night football, and half priced grilled pizzas.
O’brien’s Pub | 501 Thames Street | www.theobrienspub.com
6. Pour Judgement
Although smaller than the other bars and restaurants mentioned, Pour Judgment makes up for it with a great craft beer selection, delicious food and plenty of tv’s. Heading there for the game? Get there early to make sure you get a seat.
Honorable Mentions: Brick Alley Pub, Gas Lamp Grille, Tavern On Broadway & The Fifth Element
Where is your favorite place to watch the big game? Comment below.
This story was originally published on September 1, 2015. It has been updated.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune
- Apple Picking Season has arrived! “Six Picks” Orchards in Newport County and beyond
- Jamestown Arts Center seeks artist submissions for ‘RAW: Reassessment and Wonder’
- National Data shows an increase in child poverty and uninsured children
- 24th International Seapower Symposium taking place at Naval War College this week
- Obituary: Anne S. Gadoury
- Obituary: John Richard Davidson