The Alliance Française de Newport has announced their next president will be Andrew Snook. Snook, a relative newcomer to Rhode Island, has lived in Newport since 2016. He is a realtor with Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices N.E. Prime Properties. He succeeds president Mary-Gail Smith who recently oversaw fundraising for restoration of the Rochambeau Monument in Newport.
Snook’s interest in French culture and language was cultivated during high school in England and was supplemented with regular family trips to France and Belgium. Today, he dreams of curbside viewing of a mountain stage of the Tour de France. Relocating to Newport and seeing the strength of the local Alliance Française chapter rekindled his passion for the French “joie de vivre”.
As the new president of the Alliance Française de Newport, Snook is intent on continuing the great work already ongoing, and on raising awareness of the organization. Joining Snook are two other new officers: Mike Warren, longtime member of Newport Yacht Club, as vice president, and local artisan, Roberta Warren, as treasurer. Sandra Shaw will continue in her role as secretary.
The Alliance Française de Newport, part of an international organization for over 60 years, is dedicated to the study of the French language and to promoting cultural exchange. The 160 members participate in conversation groups, language classes, and cultural events such as the French Film Festival, art gallery and museum events and lectures. In addition, the AFN offers academic scholarships to local high school and Salve Regina University students.
For further information or to join the Alliance Française de Newport, please contact us by email: email@example.com.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport String Project Season Opening Concert
- This day in Newport History: September 19, 1902 – Jimmy Van Alen born in Newport
- Concert Recap and Photos: Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals at the Greenwich Odeum (September 18, 2021)
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour