Portsmouth broke out to an early lead and topped Barrington 40-21 for a Rhode Island high school football victory on September 20.
The first quarter gave the Patriots a 27-0 lead over the Eagles.
Both offenses were stymied without a point on either side in the third quarter.
The Eagles rallied in the fourth quarter, but the Patriots skirted trouble with just enough offense to thwart all hopes.
Both teams were scoreless in the second quarter.
This sports coverage is possible through the generous support of our members. To become a member for as little as $5 per month, follow this link.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Aquidneck Land Trust awards 13 grants to local community, neighborhood groups through Merritt Neighborhood Fund
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free