East Greenwich dumped Coventry 34-14 on September 14 in Rhode Island football.
The Avengers drew first blood by forging a 22-7 margin over the Oakers after the first quarter.
The Avengers stomped on to a 34-7 bulge over the Oakers as the fourth quarter began.
The Avengers withstood the Oakers’ last-gasp comeback in the final period to eventually earn the win.
Both teams were scoreless in the second quarter.
This sports coverage is possible through the generous support of our members. To become a member for as little as $5 per month, follow this link.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Get Lost! “Six Picks” Corn Mazes in Newport County and Beyond
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Concert Recap and Photos: Alice Cooper and Ace Frehley at Leader Bank Pavilion (September 21, 2021)
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates