East Greenwich dumped Coventry 34-14 on September 14 in Rhode Island football.
The Avengers drew first blood by forging a 22-7 margin over the Oakers after the first quarter.
The Avengers stomped on to a 34-7 bulge over the Oakers as the fourth quarter began.
The Avengers withstood the Oakers’ last-gasp comeback in the final period to eventually earn the win.
Both teams were scoreless in the second quarter.
This sports coverage is possible through the generous support of our members. To become a member for as little as $5 per month, follow this link.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup