The Nest at Tenth Gate in collaboration with SIREN Women’s Cooperative will be offering a new mom and parent support group beginning Monday, September 9 at 5:30pm at the Nest at Tenth Gate, 1048 East Main Rd in Portsmouth, RI.
This group, inclusive of all safe parenting styles and choices, will meet weekly with significant community leaders in the areas of parent/baby support, addressing a variety of important topics for new parents from feeding the baby to back to work transitions to parent self care and more. Meeting times will alternate each week with start times at 10:30am and 5:30pm to accommodate most schedules and will run for an hour. For a list of dates, times, topics and facilitators: www.sirencooperative.com/new-moms-group
Parents are welcome to come as they are and bring their own coffee, snacks, support pillows, baby changing pads, baby blankets, toys, and of course feed their baby however they choose. Ground rules are respect for a wide range of parenting choices.
Sarah Nadimpalli, founder of SIREN, said in a press release, “I’m excited to be a part of this offering of a new par- ent group that I wish I had access to when I had babies. Our goal is that our topics and the connections we make will help parents to feel supported in their community.”
There is a $5 suggested fee, however no one will be turned away for lack of funds.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Those Who Wish Me Dead”
- Renowned RI stone carver Nick Benson to create unique art installation at Farm Fresh RI
- Rhode Island Marine Archaeology Project to resume training classes
- How America’s partisan divide over pandemic responses played out in the states
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author