The sun might be setting on summer, but Hotel Viking is offering its Newport neighbors and hotel guests several ways to enjoy the remainder of the season!
From brand new specials at Spa Fjör, to a Cocktails & Canines class, to an 80s themed party at Top of Newport, there is something for everyone!
Here’s a look at their event, promotions, and specials lineup;
Back to the 80’s at Top of Newport
Friday, August 16, 7:30 PM – 9:30PM
· Hotel Viking is throwing it back to the 80’s for one night only with special guest DJ Absolut at Top of Newport
· Enjoy cocktails, 80’s themed snacks, and of course a ton of dancing
· Best dressed of the night will win an overnight stay to Hotel Viking!
Cocktails & Canines Dog Training Class
Sunday, August 18, 4:30 PM – 6 PM:
· Hotel Viking, in partnership with Lucky Dog Resort and dog trainer, Kim Cipolla is hosting the first-ever Cocktails & Canines
· Pups will learn to behave appropriately around food, greet people politely, and practice relaxing by your feet at an outdoor table
· This is a free class with drinks & snacks available for purchase
· *to attend dogs should have a basic understanding of skills like ‘Sit,’ Down,’ and walk on leash, as well as being dog-friendly, and current on their Rabies vaccination.
Spa Fjör has just announced new spa services – created to help heal your sun kissed skin and transport you into a state of total relaxation. Highlights include:
· After Sun Recue Wrap: this treatment features exotic dilo nut oil which rapidly hydrates sunburned, dry, dehydrated or irritated skin.
· Shining ‘C’ Facial: amazing antioxidants help reduce damage and dehydration from sun exposure, while building collagen leading to firmer skin and reducing the appearance of fine lines.
· Mango Body Duo: a specialmango sugar scrub and a relaxation massage are sure to be a treat after a day of fun in the sun.
· Mango Manicure & Pedicure: enjoy a fragrant mango sugar scrub and a luxurious mani/pedi.
Don’t forget Hotel Viking’s Summer Weekday fun
· Mondays: Burger Bash– Head to Top of Newport every Monday where Executive Chef Joe will prepare a new burger creation to feast on!
· Tuesdays: Tacos & Tequila– 3 Tacos & a Margarita for $15. Paired with Top of Newport’s rooftop views.
· Wednesdays: Spirit and Stogies Dinner Series– Every Wednesday Spirits & Stogies lights up the One Bellevue Patio with a curated dinner experiences showcasing a weekly spirit and cigar
· Thursdays: Paws on the Patio- Visit One Bellevue’s Patio for a special menu designed for man’s best friend, including bacon slices, good dog skirt steak, grilled hot dogs and more!
· Saturdays: One Bellevue BBQ- Enjoy live music and New England summer favorites like lobster, grilled oysters, clams & mussels with chorizo from 12pm-3pm as One Bellevue’s Executive Chef Joe Thompson grills up a storm on One Bellevue’s Patio.
· Sundays: Industry Nights at Top of Newport- First Rounds on Us! *With a purchase of an entrée, enjoy your first beer or signature cocktail on us. Let your server know where your work to partake!*
· Through Labor Day: Beach Butler Service: Indulge in a quintessential New England summer getaway with a luxe day at the beach, inclusive of 2 chairs, towels, one beach umbrella, Hotel Viking beach bag with sunscreen, lunch for two, beverage & snacks, round trip transportation… and the main hook – a personal beach butler to be at your beck and call.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Those Who Wish Me Dead”
- Renowned RI stone carver Nick Benson to create unique art installation at Farm Fresh RI
- Rhode Island Marine Archaeology Project to resume training classes
- How America’s partisan divide over pandemic responses played out in the states
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author