It has been nearly two weeks since Court House Street has been closed to vehicular traffic and Stone Street has been converted to a one-way as the City tests a proposed traffic pattern at the request of the Historic Spring Leadership Committee.
The test traffic pattern will be in place until October 15th.
Now that you’ve had a chance to see and navigate the proposed new traffic pattern, do you think the City should move forward with this new layout or go back to the way the traffic pattern was when the test traffic pattern ends?
More info on the traffic pattern – City to start test of proposed new traffic pattern at Spring Street/Touro Street
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Get Lost! “Six Picks” Corn Mazes in Newport County and Beyond
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21