Clean Ocean Access will hosting their 2nd Annual Newport Harbor Stand-up paddle board event, now called “Paddle for Access”, on Saturday, August 17th to raise awareness and funds to protect and preserve shoreline access on Aquidneck Island.
The event, which takes place at the Newport Shipyard, begins at 8am and there are 2 distances, a 3-mile or 6-mile paddle. Both distances start at Newport Shipyard and ventures out into Newport Harbor and around Goat Island and Rose Island.
Registration fee is $55 and 100% of the proceeds will be used to protect and preserve shoreline access on Aquidneck Island.
Register here http://www.cleanoceanaccess.org/paddle-for-access/
The Latest From WUN
- Newport woman is first-ever female to win Citizens Pell Bridge Run
- What’s Up This Week: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Full Moon Bike ride, The Exorcist, & more
- Newport Garden Club to host a talk by ‘The Seedhuntress’
- Changing seasons, changing exhibits at Little Compton Historical Society
- ‘Rock The Mansion’ raises more than $150,000 for Newport Mental Health