via Auclair Funeral Home
Kenneth K. Blakey, Sr., 60, of Fall River, passed away unexpectedly August 18, 2019.
A longtime Police Captain of the Newport Naval Base, he was a US Army Veteran of the Persian Gulf War. He enjoyed coin collecting, painting miniature statues and competing in Judo.
He is survived by his two children, Kenneth K. Blakey, Jr. (Gigi Tierney) of Fall River and Kevin M. Blakey (Carissa) of Tiverton; four grandchildren, Freya, Anika, Killian and Finnegan Blakey; two nieces, Heather and Stephanie Blakey and a nephew, Jason Blakey. He was the brother of the late James Blakey and the son of the late Edward and Cecilia (Joyce) Blakey.
A visitation will be held Saturday 8/31 from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM with a military service at 1:00 PM.
Full obituary here – https://www.auclairfuneralhome.com/notices/Kenneth-BlakeySr
Captain Victorious Felder from The Department of Defense Police has asked What’sUpNewp to pass on the following to the public;
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport