via O’Neill Hayes Funeral Home
Ida Miller, passed away peacefully on Sunday, August 4th, 2019. She is survived by her two sons, Paul R. Miller and his wife Deb of Portsmouth, RI and Peter J. Miller of Middletown RI, four grandchildren and eleven great – grandchildren who adored their Gram Gram.
Ida was born on April 13th, 1925 and was a graduate of Rogers High School when the school was still at the Thompson Middle school site. She spent most of her life working in the family businesses of Cozy Cab and RI Towing, until 2014.
Calling hours will be held Wednesday, August 7th from 5-7pm at the O’Neill-Hayes Funeral Home, 465 Spring Street, Newport. A Mass of Christian burial will be held Thursday, August 8th, 2019 at Jesus Savior Church, 509 Broadway, Newport at 9:30 am. Burial will follow at St. Columba Cemetery, 465 Brown’s Lane, Middletown.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Visiting Nurse Home and Hospice, 1184 East Main Road, Portsmouth, RI 02871.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Pop-Punk band Another One Down! releases single + video “Headspace”
- 23 open houses happening this weekend (Sept. 17 – 19)
- X Shore: Swedish electric boating brand opens office at Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager
- City of Newport to kick off American Rescue Plan fund engagement process
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune