Join the Benefactors of the Arts September 6-8th for self-guided tours of some of the most beautiful, prestigious gardens and properties in historic Newport. The tour features nine gorgeous gardens that are dotted On & Off Bellevue Avenue, the Drive and the Kay/Catherine neighborhoods.
These private gardens are shared with the community to help raise funds for the Arts Education programs in the Island’s public schools. The tour runs daily, 10 am until 5 pm, and tickets are good for any or all days of the tour, allowing for inclement weather, schedule conflicts, or just a late start.
Discounted tickets for the 2019 September Tours are still available and may be purchased in advance online at www.secretgardentours.org for a discounted rate of $20. Group rates are also available for five or more persons. Check the website for more details on our group rates. Tickets may also be purchased using cash, check or credit card at Kingscote, 253 Bellevue Avenue for $25 on the day of the tour.
Annually since 1984, the organizers and supporters of The Secret Garden Tour have been dedicated to enhancing art education and cultural programs in Aquidneck Island’s Public Schools, funding dozens of programs in music, theater and fine arts for local schoolchildren. To date, The Secret Garden Tours have given more than $1 million to Aquidneck Island students in public schools for art, music, theater and other cultural programming.
For more information, visit www.secretgardentours.org.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Rhode Island Hospitality Jobs: RI Hospitality Association launches new website for employers and job seekers
- Governor McKee, RIDOH change up COVID-19 press conference schedule, will now take place every other Thursday
- CCRI hosts 5th Annual Raising Opportunities Benefit to support students’ ‘comeback’ amidst pandemic
- Town of Middletown: Preserving Paradise
- What’s Up this week in Newport County: May 17 – 23