The Newport Photographers’ Guild next season is just a month away and plans are taking shape!
The Newport Photographers’ Guild was established in 1987 by a group of Newport camera enthusiasts. Today, at over 85 members from all over RI, the Guild is enriched by photographers of all levels with the Edward King House serving as the home base for meetings and gallery space. Gatherings are generally held the second Wednesday of most months with doors opening at 6:30pm and all are welcome. Throughout the year informative presentations on a variety of photography topics are delivered by knowledgeable and engaging speakers. Members also have opportunities to share their images via planned exhibits and exchanges with others in their journey to improve their photographs.
The 2019-2020 season starts September 11th with a presentation titled “Using Filters for Landscape Photography” by Mike Dooley (http://mikedooleyphotography.com/). Prior to the presentation, the annual members’ exhibit will open with comments about the exhibit and awards presented by the juror.
More info for the coming year and a link to join can be found at the following web site:http://www.newportphotoguild.org/programs.html.
A public Facebook page has also recently been created:https://www.facebook.com/groups/164674664293733/about/
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf