When one of their colleagues passed away nine years ago not long after being diagnosed with colon cancer, staff at Newport Hospital began raising money to help fellow employees cover their colonoscopy co-pay.
This year, the “Cover Your Butt” campaign raised $2,700. On Monday, Aug. 5, three employees in diagnostic imaging — Kelly Blanchard, Sue Quinn and Rae-Ann Lawrence — presented a check to Crista Durand, president of the hospital. The money was raised in memory of their former colleague, Donnie Hittie.
The 9th annual Cover Your Butt fundraiser included an event at Cappy’s on Memorial Boulevard in March.
More From What’s Up Newp
- The Reef officially opens with a fresh, new look; new menu; and a new director of culinary development
- Grey Sail Brewing announces summer line-up of food trucks, vendors, and musical guests
- 'Ocean View' on Bellevue Avenue hits the market for $18.85 million
- South Kingstown voters reject school bond
- Opening This Week: Tallulah's Taqueria in Jamestown; Nitro Bar and Yagi Noodles on Thames Street