Join the Newport Historical Society for the Fourth Annual Culinary Adventure, Speakeasy Soirée, on Saturday, September 14, 2019 from 5:30-10pm at the Colony House, Washington Square, Newport, RI. Tickets are available now online at NewportHistory.org.
Find your way to the Speakeasy at the Colony House for an evening of 1920’s style entertainment, drinks and food, and a few surprises! Featuring soprano jazz vocalist Elise M. Roth, a caricaturist, a sleight of hand magician, and costumed interpreters who will perform period dancing. Come dressed in your festive attire and use the password to enter through the secret doorway! (The password is “History Starts Here.”)
Partnered in culinary recreations and sponsored by McGrath Clambakes.
Sponsored by the Litchfield Distillery, Newport Craft Brewery + Distillery, Dick Shappy Vintage Auto Sales, and Rum Runner II.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Get Lost! “Six Picks” Corn Mazes in Newport County and Beyond
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Concert Recap and Photos: Alice Cooper and Ace Frehley at Leader Bank Pavilion (September 21, 2021)
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates