The Friends of Music at St. John’s has announced Aztec Two-Step 2.0 featuring Rex Fowler, Dodie Pettit & Friends, will perform at their Music on the Lawn series on Thursday, Aug. 8, at The Zabriskie Memorial Church of Saint John the Evangelist, 61 Washington St.
Music on the Lawn is St. John’s annual summer music concert series, featuring great bands, awesome food trucks, beverage service, a 50/50 raffle and more! The free concerts are made possible by 2019 season sponsor The Point Association and event sponsors Caleb & Broad, Pasta Beach, Point Wine & Spirits, Sardella’s Restaurant, The Marina Pub, Gurney’s and Newport Shipyard. Food trucks include Castaway Gourmet and Rhody Roots!
Their event lineup this summer includes:
- Thursday, July 18: The Strattones (South County band)
- Thursday, Aug. 1: Doug Woolverton and The Groove Merchants
- Thursday, Aug. 8: Aztec Two-Step 2.0 featuring Rex Fowler, Dodie Pettit & Friends
- Thursday, Aug. 15: Mike Warner & the Ubiquitones (regulars at Newport’s The Fastnet Pub)
- Thursday, Aug. 29: Max O’Hara (from Liverpool, England)
- Thursday, Sept. 5: Navy Band Northeast Brass Quintet
Music on the Lawn concerts are free (but donations welcome!) and open to all, family-friendly, and move indoors in case of rain. Concerts are from 6-8:30 p.m.