On Monday, August 5, 2019 at 530 A.M. Jamestown resident Ben Tuff will start a 23-mile swim around Conanicut Island (Jamestown) to raise awareness for improving ocean health and to raise funds for Clean Ocean Access.
The event starts at Kettle Bottom Rock southwest of Fort Wetherill State Park. During the swim event, Clean Ocean Access will host 10 community engagement viewing events (visit www.cleanoceanaccess.org for more details) with an opportunity for the public to participate in a beach cleanup and cheer on Ben as he swims around the island!
The swim is expected to finish in the afternoon with an event celebration immediately afterwards at East Ferry Landing in downtown Jamestown.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- Now Hiring: 130+ businesses hiring right now in the Newport area
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island