Governor Gina M. Raimondo is directing Rhode Island flags at all state agencies and buildings to be flown at half-staff on Friday, August 16, 2019 in memory of former Rhode Island Supreme Court Justice Donald Shea. The flags will remain at half-staff until sunset on Tuesday, August 20, 2019, the date of his internment.
“As a member of the General Assembly and Supreme Court Justice, Justice Shea served with grace and distinction. He was a lifelong Rhode Islander and dedicated public servant with a world-class legal mind. Andy and I send our condolences to his loved ones during this difficult time, Raimondo said in a press release.
Raimondo also asks Rhode Islanders to lower their flags to half-staff as a mark of respect.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Now Hiring: 125+ job opportunities available right now
- Rhode Island Hospitality Jobs: RI Hospitality Association launches new website for employers and job seekers
- Governor McKee, RIDOH change up COVID-19 press conference schedule, will now take place every other Thursday
- CCRI hosts 5th Annual Raising Opportunities Benefit to support students’ ‘comeback’ amidst pandemic
- Town of Middletown: Preserving Paradise