This Labor Day weekend, you’ll have the option of heading for the beach or for the corn maze.
Escobar Farm’s 8-acre Corn Maze in Portsmouth is scheduled to open for their 20th season on Friday, August 30th.
The maze this year celebrates the wizarding world. The Maze covers 8 Acres and was designed by Brett Herbst of The Maize.
Thru November 3rd, the corn maze will be open Friday’s from 4 pm-dusk, Saturday’s from 10:00 am-dusk and Sunday’s from 11:00 am – dusk. The corn maze will be open on Labor Day 10:00 am-dusk. Group reservations are available during the week.
From August 30th through September 9th, Escobar’s will be honoring military families. All active military, retired military and their dependents are invited to get lost at the maze for half price with a military ID.
Admission to the maze is $8.00 for ages 12 & up, $6.00 for ages 5 – 11 and FREE for ages 4 & under.
- Military Appreciation Month: August 31 – September 29
- Grandparents Day: September 8
- Super Hero Day: September 14, rain date September 15th
- Harry Potter Day: September 21, rain date September 22nd
- Pumpkin Festival: September 28th, rain date September 29th
- Columbus Day: open 10:00 – dusk
- Halloween Costume Party: October 26, rain date October 27
As Escobar Farm Corn Maze prepares for its 20th season, they are looking for fun loving, hard working individuals to fill our open positions as field hands, corn cops, cashiers, parking attendants and special event coordinators. If interested, you need to be available on weekends through November 3rd. They will also have some hours available during the week. Call Lori @ (401) 864-1064 for any questions or to set up an interview. They are also looking for people with tractor experience to do hayrides on the weekends.
For more information, visit http://www.escobarfarm.com/ or call 401-683-1444 or 401-864-1064.
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf