The Arts & Cultural Alliance of Newport County (ACA) announces the September 15, 2019, 11:59 pm deadline for the Artist Awards, in support of Newport County artists and art projects that benefit our community.
Artist Awards of up to $500 support arts projects throughout Newport County. Through these awards, ACA champions exciting and interesting arts activities and events presented in and for the Newport County community.
Inaugural recipients were the Newport String Project and Newport Children’s Theatre. Both organizations were celebrated and performed at ACA’s June 5 “Raise Up the Arts!” fundraising party to support the Artist Award fund. Artists of all backgrounds, identities, and artistic disciplines—including visual arts (illustration, graphic design, multimedia), performing arts (dance, music, theatre), literary arts (creative writing, poetry), and any other traditional or emerging field—residing in and/or offering artistic programs to any of the six Newport County communities (Jamestown, Little Compton, Middletown, Newport, Portsmouth, Tiverton) are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Arts & Cultural Alliance especially encourages individual artists working alone or in collaboration to apply for support of their projects that enhance and uplift the Newport County community. Applicants must be a member of ACA.Guidelines and application can be found at the ACA website (www.newportarts.org).
Those who seek assistance can reach out to email@example.com.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Those Who Wish Me Dead”
- Renowned RI stone carver Nick Benson to create unique art installation at Farm Fresh RI
- Rhode Island Marine Archaeology Project to resume training classes
- How America’s partisan divide over pandemic responses played out in the states
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author