Newport City Council will host a workshop tonight to discuss food truck ordinances and regulations in the City (background – http://bit.ly/2JF2G2M).
While proponents say that food trucks in the city will inspire and empower entrepreneurs in the business, opponents says that food trucks will come into the City and take up parking spaces and will take away business from established year-round tax-paying businesses.
What do you think – do you want to see more food trucks in the City? Take the poll and then share your reason why or why not in the comments.
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf