In the lobby of the former Newport Grand Casino on Tuesday, Carpionato Group announced their plans to demolish the former Newport Grand Casino and create Newport North End a $100-million mixed use development to serve as the amenity anchor for the Newport Resilience Innovation District on the former casino site.
When completed, Carpionato Group says the project will realize approximately $1.5 million in tax revenue to the city of Newport.
Newport North End will be the largest private development project in Newport to date, according to Carpionato Group. They are proposing to build two six-story hotel (182,604 sq. ft.) featuring a total of 260 rooms targeted to business travelers; two six-story apartment buildings (179,876 sq. ft) targeting younger workers and those seeing to downsize; as well as 164,548 square feet of innovative research and office space, as well as medical, retail and restaurant space.
Read The Full Story Here – Newport Grand property to become ‘Newport North End’, $100-million mixed use development
Are you excited for what Carpionato Group has planned for the “Newport North End”, a $100-million mixed use development on the former Newport Grand property? Take the poll below.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals