The City of Newport is on the lookout for a few good recruits to join the ranks of Newport’s finest.
Beginning Monday, July 22, 2019, the Newport Police Department will be kicking off its 2019 summer recruitment drive. Applications will be accepted until Friday, August 9, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
Interested applicants must be at least 21 years of age as of August 9, 2019, hold a high school diploma or GED Certificate and pass a series of physical, written and psychological evaluations.
For more information, please visit Newport City Hall, 43 Broadway Newport, RI 02840 or www.CityofNewport.com/jobs
The Latest From WUN
- Weather Alert: High Wind Warning issued for the region – Storm arrives Tuesday
- Obituary: Elizabeth Marion (Matter) Chambers
- Best-selling author Ann Hood hosts ‘The Writing Life’ public talk at Salve Regina on Oct. 30
- Brown University to significantly expand financial aid and college access
- What’s Up This Week: Hocus Pocus, Tour de Fright, Halloween festivities, and much more