Here’s what’s on tap for road construction and traffic this upcoming week.
Rhode Island Department of Transportation
The following road and lane closure notices are effective for the week of July 13 – 19, 2019. All schedules are weather-dependent and subject to change.
Portsmouth//Tiverton: Rte. 24, from Hedley St. to Mass. state line, lane closures possible in a moving operation for sweeping, Wed. night, 9 p.m.-5 a.m.
Visit RIDOT’s Travel Advisories website for a full listing of statewide lane closures.
Rhode Island Turnpike & Bridge Authority
The following road and lane closure notices are effective for the week of July 14 – 20, 2019. All schedules are weather-dependent and subject to change.
Newport Claiborne Pell Bridge
- Eastbound Right Lane Closure- 7/15 to 7/19- 9 am to 2:30 pm
- Westbound Alternating Lane Closures- 7/14 to 7/18- 7 pm to 5 am
- Eastbound Right Lane Closure- 7/16- 7:30 pm to 5 am
Jamestown Verrazzano Bridge – There are currently no Lane Closures on the Jamestown Verrazzano Bridge.
Route 138 Connector – There are currently no Lane Closures on the Route 138 Connector.
Mount Hope Bridge – Overnight: Northbound Lane Closure- 7/15 to 7/18- 9 pm to 5 am
Sakonnet River Bridge – There are currently no Lane Closures on the Sakonnet River Bridge.
Visit RITBA’s Travel Advisories website for updates and more information.
The Latest From WUN
- Obituary: Julian C. Clinton
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations