As part of the 12 Metre World Championship racing taking place this week in Newport, the historic boats racing will participate in a parade around Newport Harbor on Saturday, July 13th.
Beginning at 10 am, fans can cheer on their favorite teams during the international Parade of 12 Metres. The Parade, consisting of 21 historic 12 Metres from six countries (many of which sailed here during Newport’s America’s Cup days), will start at Sail Newport and pass by New York Yacht Club and Ida Lewis Yacht Club, then head north to Gurney’s and clockwise past Newport Yacht Club and by every wharf on the east side of Newport Harbor (e.g., Bannister’s and Bowen’s) before the teams head out for their final race of the series.
The boats are crewed by America’s Cup, Olympic, World Champion, and veteran sailors.
Parade route below;
For more information on the 12 Metre World Championship, visit www.12mrworlds.com.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Aquidneck Land Trust awards 13 grants to local community, neighborhood groups through Merritt Neighborhood Fund
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free