The Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management (DEM) announces that due to forecasted inclement weather, tonight’s ‘Bioluminescence Night’ at Beavertail State Park in Jamestown has been rescheduled to Wednesday, July 24. The event will include an outdoor viewing of the movie Surf’s Up, stargazing, and illuminated jellyfish and local sea creatures.
The Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management (DEM) announced today that they are hosting a ‘Bioluminescence Night’ at Beavertail State Park, in Jamestown, next week. The event will include an outdoor viewing of the movie Surf’s Up, stargazing, and illuminated jellyfish and other local sea creatures.
“We invite families to get outdoors and enjoy a relaxing evening together at one of New England’s most scenic parks for Bioluminescence Night,” said DEM Director Janet Coit in a press release that announced the event. “We’re are excited to welcome folks to enjoy nature at Beavertail State Park while appreciating the marvels of the skies and life in the seas as part of this event. I hope Rhode Islanders will come out to Jamestown next week and join us for one of our favorite summertime programs!”
The event will run from 5 pm to 9 pm. Movie starts at dusk Parking is available in Lot 2, and pets on leashes are welcome.
The Beavertail Aquarium is open from 9 AM to 5 PM, seven days a week. For more information, follow the aquarium on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BeavertailAquarium.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals