Here’s the moment many of you have been waiting for….
You can be among the first to check out the new and improved Zelda’s Newport tonight, all while supporting a good cause. Zelda’s has been under extensive renovations during the last few months.
Doors open at 9:30 pm tonight (Saturday, June 1st) for a soft opening and 90’s dance party/fundraiser, according to Patrick Kilroy, co-owner of Zelda’s. Kilroy’s sister is organizing the event.
There will be a suggested $20 donation and proceeds will support the purchase of a new mascot costume for Rogers High School.
“Their mascot is in rough shape and a new one costs approximately $3,000”, Kilroy said.
This is the kickoff of Zelda’s soft opening, during this time only their bar will be up and running. According to Kilroy, he expects to have the kitchen open and fully functioning in approximately two weeks.
Photos taken during the final stages of renovations:
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Folk 2021 – The final day of “Folk On” (July 28)
- Obituary: Joanne Donnelly Maher
- Obituary: Ralph E. Morgan
- Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival returns September 17 – 19
- Governor McKee, RIDE, and RIDOH release updated PreK-12 Health and Safety Guidance for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Newport to require masks in city-owned buildings beginning August 2
- FirstWorks Live – Roger Williams Park free Summer Concert Series continues Sunday 8-1 with Voces de Los Andes
- Newport Folk 2021 – “Folk On” Part 2 Day 2 (Tuesday, July 27)
- Obituary: Rayfield Drowne Jr.
- Redwood Library & Athenaeum to house a portion of the Dr. Patrick T. Conley Library