Here’s the moment many of you have been waiting for….
You can be among the first to check out the new and improved Zelda’s Newport tonight, all while supporting a good cause. Zelda’s has been under extensive renovations during the last few months.
Doors open at 9:30 pm tonight (Saturday, June 1st) for a soft opening and 90’s dance party/fundraiser, according to Patrick Kilroy, co-owner of Zelda’s. Kilroy’s sister is organizing the event.
There will be a suggested $20 donation and proceeds will support the purchase of a new mascot costume for Rogers High School.
“Their mascot is in rough shape and a new one costs approximately $3,000”, Kilroy said.
This is the kickoff of Zelda’s soft opening, during this time only their bar will be up and running. According to Kilroy, he expects to have the kitchen open and fully functioning in approximately two weeks.
Photos taken during the final stages of renovations:
The Latest From WUN
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend
- AARP Analysis: COVID-19 deaths and cases in Rhode Island nursing homes increased from August to September