Spots are still available for Newport Mental Health’s Fifth Annual Golf Tournament next Monday June 10.
Golfers have until noon Wednesday, June 5 to register online at www.newportmentalhealth.org or call Samantha McGowan at 401-846-1213.
NMH’s Golf event will be held at Wanumetonomy Golf and Country Club on 152 Brown’s Lane in Middletown, a challenging 18-hole course overlooking the east side of Narragansett Bay.
“This should be a great event. Now in its fifth year, this tournament has incrementally grown thanks to the generosity of corporate and individual participants. We have an outstanding raffle line-up, which include weekend retreats, golf lessons, and foursomes at private country clubs. We ‘re providing a lunch buffet prior to golf and a post-golf hors d’oeuvres and award reception,” said CEO and President Jamie Lehane in a press release.
“More importantly, you know you’re giving back to the community, Newport County’s largest and only mental health center. We serve everyone, including some of the state’s most vulnerable who have little or no insurance.” Lehane added that besides mental health and substance use treatment, NMH helps clients find Supportive Housing and gain employment through their highly successful Employment Services Program.
“This year we also have a newly formed Emergency Crisis Response team, where a clinician works alongside local police on emergency calls after hours to assist people with mental health needs.” Lehane said the response team is funded through a federal State Opioid Response grant, but he expects more funding will be needed after the program begins in mid-June. Lehane noted that charity events often help bolster existing programs
Meanwhile Lehane said he hopes to hold a record-breaking fundraising year with the Newport Mental Health fifth annual Golf Tournament June 10. The lunch buffet starts at noon with the shotgun start at 1 p.m.
The mission of Newport Mental Health is to improve the lives of children, adults and families living and working in Newport County by providing the highest quality, recovery-oriented, evidence-based and integrated mental health and substance use care. NMH serves clients in Jamestown, Newport, Middletown, Portsmouth, Tiverton, and Little Compton.
For more information, contact Sandy Oxx at 846-1213 ext. 109 or Jamie Lehane 846-1213 ext. 110.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso