Social Enterprise Greenhouse (SEG) is accepting applications for its 2019 Health & Wellness Accelerator program for ‘Do Well, Do Good’ businesses. Motivated and coachable social entrepreneurs with an early-stage health and wellness social impact venture are encouraged to apply. Applications are due on July 15, 2019. The Health & Wellness Accelerator begins in September 2019.
Social Enterprise Greenhouse’s Accelerator is the organization’s signature venture development program. It features a 12-week blended learning experience that provides social entrepreneurs with the tools, networks, and resources to further validate their venture, understand their customer, and formalize growth strategies from fundraising to social impact measurement. Additional value is provided by one-on-one business coaching, a peer cohort model, and access to SEG’s coworking space at 10 Davol Square, Providence. Upon graduation, participants receive priority access to the SEG Loan Fund, which provides growth capital to high potential social enterprises as well as later-stage business services.
About SEG’s Health & Wellness Accelerator
The Health & Wellness Accelerator program, now in its fourth year, offers an industry-tailored curriculum and advising, customized face-to-face instruction, peer learning, and access to a network of industry experts in addition to the entire SEG Advisor network to help entrepreneurs grow their businesses in Rhode Island and beyond.
This is a growth opportunity for all health and wellness ventures that address topics such as:
- Public health and population health
- Reduction of health inequalities and inequities
- Behavioral health
- Wellness and alternative therapies
- Healthcare, digital health, and mHealth
- Health education and promotion
- Healthy aging for all
SEG’s 2019 Health & Wellness Accelerator is delivered in partnership with Brown University and is funded by the Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training Real Jobs RI Initiative, Newman’s Own Foundation, and Delta Dental of Rhode Island. Twenty-nine social ventures have graduated from the Health & Wellness Accelerator since 2016. The application for 2019 is available at http://bit.ly/SEGHWAccelerator.
The purpose of SEG’s Accelerator program is to stimulate innovation in Rhode Island and to help create more successful, sustainable ‘Do Well, Do Good’ businesses, leading to healthier and more prosperous communities for all.
About Social Enterprise Greenhouse
Social Enterprise Greenhouse creates positive social and economic impact by supporting social entrepreneurs and enterprises with the tools and networks they need to thrive. We are a network of 400+ enterprises and 300+ business and community leaders who contribute time, expertise, and funding to grow Rhode Island’s social impact ecosystem. We are committed to working toward a culture of equity and inclusion within our network, across our programs, and throughout our ecosystem. To learn more, visit www.segreenhouse.org.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools