Locally-owned service business, Rhody Surf, Inc., a Newport Chamber of Commerce’s Business of Excellence Recipient, has re-opened at a new location.
The Newport City Council recently awarded the Easton’s Beach Watersports Concessions contract to Rhody Surf, Inc. this past May. Beginning on Memorial Day Weekend, Rhody Surf is now open exclusively on First Beach, serving locals and tourists throughout the summer season.
Rhody Surf is now taking reservations for their popular youth surf camp. Surf camp, along with private surf lessons, special events, corporate outings and other surf programs are available all summer long on the beach.
During the spring Rhody Surf is open on the weekends and will be open seven days a week during the summer at First Beach. Surfboard and stand-up paddleboard rentals are conveniently available beachside as well.
Visit Rhody Surf on First Beach or through their website rhodysurf.com to learn more.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Pop-Punk band Another One Down! releases single + video “Headspace”
- 23 open houses happening this weekend (Sept. 17 – 19)
- X Shore: Swedish electric boating brand opens office at Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager
- City of Newport to kick off American Rescue Plan fund engagement process
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune