Rail Explorers, an eco-tour company featuring pedal-powered rail bikes operating along Aquidneck Island’s historic rail lines, will offer specially priced tours for Newport County residents on Thursday, June 20 from its depot in Portsmouth.
“We are very pleased to offer this special opportunity for the residents of Newport County who have warmly welcomed Rail Explorers into the community” stated Rail Explorers CEO Mary Joy Lu in a statement.
The tour will feature a six mile exploration along the “Southern Circuit” offering spectacular views of Narragansett Bay.
Tickets, priced at $20 per person, are available for these special tours at 2 pm, 4 pm & 6 pm, on Thursday, June 20. Tickets will go on sale on Wednesday, June 12 at noon, and are available by calling 877-833-8588. A limited number of tickets are available and are on a first-come first-served basis.
All tours begin at 1 Alexander Road at Melville in Portsmouth, Rhode Island. The Rail Explorers: Rhode Island Division is presented by the Newport and Narragansett Bay Railroad.
For tickets, gift cards and information, visit www.railexplorers.net or call 877-833-8588.
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend